Along with being able to enroll all of your service year corps members that you recruit directly through ServiceYear.org, you can also invite the rest of your corps to join so that they can be connected to our community and resources.
What is the benefit of inviting my corps members to join ServiceYear.org?
Once you invite and enroll your service year corps members, Service Year Alliance will be able to start connecting them to resources, such as:
- The Virtual Companion
- The Corps Members & Alums Monthly Newsletter
- Exclusive Virtual Higher Education and Career Fairs
How it Works:
1. Set up your organization account and create a position and listing: If you are just getting started as a new organization, check out this article for a quick overview of how to sign up. Once your organization account is set up and you have a certified position, follow these steps to create a recruitment or an enrollment listing. For organizations with premium access, you can use a listing that is public or private, and it does not need to be actively recruiting. Enrollment listings will be private by default.
2. Create an invitation link : Go to your "Listings" tab, and click directly on the name of the listing you are using to enroll your service year corps members.
This will take you to the Listing Summary page, where you can select the button for “Invite Candidates to Enroll.” This provides you with a unique link that you can copy and email to your corps members.
3. Email the link to your service year corps members: See below for a sample template that you can use when emailing your service year corps members about joining ServiceYear.org.
4. Enroll your service year corps members: When your service year corps members sign up by following this link, a notification will be sent to the listing point of contact. At this point, you can return to your Listing Summary page to complete the enrollment. You can filter the view of "Candidates" on this page to show only individuals who have entered via your enrollment link. Simply click the "Filter" button and select the filter for "Pre-enrollment link."
To enroll all service year corps members who have signed up via the invitation link at the same time, select the checkbox at the top of the candidates section, click the "Enroll" button at the top of this table, and complete the brief enrollment form to finish the enrollment. Please note that if you are enrolling multiple members at once, you will need to select the same location, supervisor, and start/end dates for each individual.
Emailing your service year corps members:
Once you've created a link, you'll want to send it out to all of your accepted service year corps members so that they can sign up and become enrolled on ServiceYear.org. Below is a template you can use when communicating this opportunity with your service year corps members. Please feel free to modify or use your own language as most appropriate for your program when sending this out.
Subject: Join [INSERT ORGANIZATION NAME] on ServiceYear.org
Hi [FIRST NAME],
I'm inviting you to join [INSERT ORGANIZATION NAME] on ServiceYear.org. This platform is hosted by Service Year Alliance, an organization that works to bring resources and opportunities to those doing a service year and those who have served. This includes The Virtual Companion, which will provide helpful tips throughout the year on how to live on a stipend, set goals, update your resume, and more. You’ll additionally receive news and updates through a monthly newsletter, which includes information on opportunities like Virtual Career and Higher Education Fairs to help connect you to post-service opportunities with employers and schools interested in service year alums. You’ll also be able to stay connected to the service year community when you graduate as an alum.
Just follow this link and fill out some brief information about yourself [INSERT INVITATION LINK] to sign up. Once you complete this step, we'll be able to complete your enrollment on our end so that you can start receiving news and resources!