When creating or editing a listing, you have the option to add up to five custom questions for candidates to answer as they apply. Including custom questions is an additional way for you to gauge if an applicant is a good fit for your opportunity.
While adding additional questions is completely optional, keep in mind that any questions you add will become mandatory for a candidate to complete prior to submitting an application.
How to add questions
To include custom questions, head to the "Application Information" section of your listing. Then, scroll down to "Additional Questions," where you can add up to five questions for candidates to answer.
Types of questions to ask
As you create your questions, keep in mind the information is already included on a Service Year application:
- Current location
- Statement by candidate on why they want to serve
- What the candidate is currently doing (i.e. working, going to school, serving, etc.)
- Date of birth
- Previous service (if a candidate has previously served)
- Highest education level attained
- An optional statement by candidate on why they want to serve with your organization
It is ultimately your decision on what (if any) questions you choose to ask candidates. Here are a few example questions:
- List experience that you feel will help us understand your leadership story.
- What volunteer or professional experience do you have that would be relevant to this opportunity?
- What makes you feel passionate about this particular field?
- Do you have any experience living or working in this location?
- What are your career goals?