A great profile on ServiceYear.org has some or all of these elements:
- Profile picture: while this doesn’t need to be a professional picture where you’re in dress clothes, you should use a photo you’d be comfortable sharing when applying for a service year opportunity.
- Cover photo: this is the background photo that goes at the top of your profile. Oftentimes, people choose to put a picture of a landscape, skyline or something artistic.
- Why I want to serve section: this should be one to two paragraphs explaining your motivation for serving.
- About Me section: this should be one to two paragraphs giving some info on your background (e.g. your education, long-term ambitions, hobbies, etc.)
- Characteristics: Are you more of a creative type or an analytic? Big-picture thinker or a details person?
- Qualifications or Certifications: Are you certified in CPR? Any important skills that will make you stand out?
- Location: Indicate what city and state you’re in so that nearby organizations can make a recommendation to you.
- Education: Whether you’re a college grad or still pursuing your high school diploma, you can share your education background.
- LinkedIn Profile: You have the option of including a link to your LinkedIn Profile, if you would like to share it.